Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24: Atlanta, GA to Washington, DC

Short post today as it was pretty much just driving.

Yesterday in Atlanta it was in the high 80's and sunny. When I got up this morning, I got dressed based on that: shorts, t-shirt, sandals. So of course I walk out of Vivek's room and see that it is pouring outside. Damn places that aren't California.... The rain died out once I got to South Carolina, then it was pretty much clear sailing til Durham.

My cousin, Tony, is finishing up med school at Duke. Went out to a late lunch with him, his girlfriend, and roommate at Maggiano's. My chicken parmesan sandwich was solid. At one point, the waitress came by and asked if I was done with my plate. Normally, not such a weird question. But, in this case, my sandwich was in my hand. Did she think I was just going to hold on to it until I was done?

Anyway, you may be wondering, what are the hot spots in Durham? Where do all the cool kids go to hang out? Well, according to Tony, they go to the mall, just like they're back in high school. It seems that Chapel Hill is the more happening place. Also, update on World of Coca-Cola. Tony said when he went years ago they did have all the different varieties of Coke in the tasting room. They really should go back to that instead of the current set up.

North Carolina is actually a pretty state to drive through, with all the trees and assorted greenery. I guess I could've taken a picture of this, but I didn't feel like stopping and I figured taking pictures while driving wasn't the best idea.

After Durham, I drove up to Fairfax, VA to stay with my aunt and uncle in anticipation of exploring DC tomorrow. I must say, I was sooo excited to be eating some home-cooked Indian food. So far on this trip, the staples of my diet have been fried food and cheese, so some rice and curry was a welcome change.

Since, I didn't take any pictures today, closing picture comes from Thursday.


And, a double dose of videos, representing NC and VA.



No comments:

Post a Comment